Forum
 FAQ
 Service
 About us
 Webcam
 Imprint
 Linkpartner

deutsche Version

Certified online shop with Trusted Shops Buyer Protection. More...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1 Day Cuckoo Clock Stopped Working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hhudson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hhudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1 Day Cuckoo Clock Stopped Working
    Posted: 19 February 2006 at 19:29
Dear sir,

I have a 1 Day Cuckoo Clock that we've had since the mid 60's that was packed up for many years.  About 3 or 4 years ago, I found the clock again and replaced both bellows and gave it a bit of oil and before long, it was running fine.  About a month ago it just simply stopped running.  It will run with the pendulum off, but not when I place it back on.  I've checked to ensure it is straight, and have since dismantled and re-oiled all the pivot points at the brass plates with clock oil but it still will not run.  All weights are still the original 275 gram weights.  At this point, I'm just not sure what I can do anymore.  Any clues?

Thank you for your time,
Herbert Hudson
Claus-Stefan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Claus-Stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 18:02
Dear Mr. Hudson,
mechanical cuckoo clocks need original etsyntha chemical clock oil. otherwise there is a danger that the movement becomes resinous and stop work.
So if you like you can use our serviceaddress in USA:
River City Cuckoo Clocks,L.L.C
3640 Scarlet Oaks Blvd.
St.Louis,MO,63122
phone 636 923 2102
fax 636 923 2107

Regards,
Claus-Stefan
www.cuckooclocks.com
hhudson View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote hhudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 18:10
Danke sehr.  Ich werde die addresse telefonieren.  Habe ich das korrekt gesagt?

Danke nochmals,
Herbert
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Claus-Stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 18:15

Perfect!
Your German is very good!

Regards,
Claus-Stefan

hhudson View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote hhudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 18:30
As is your English.  Thanks again.
hhudson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hhudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2006 at 03:12
Claus-Stefan,

The oil I am using was purchased through the following website:  http://www.howtorepairclocks.com/.  Do you know anything about them?  I'm just wondering if the oil is the correct type that you described above.

Herbert
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Claus-Stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2006 at 06:21

Dear Herbert,

I don't know anything about that website.
Please speak to River City. They know our cuckoo clocks very well.

Regards,
Claus-Stefan

chambersronny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote chambersronny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 06:47

Deer Sir

I,ve come across an old black forest clock it has a horn at the top a pheasant on the left and a rabbitt on the right with a hunting bag lower center. I have the same problem it will only run with the pendilum off it looks like someone has oiled it also. What can i use to take off the oil before putting the correct oil back on. Do you have any idea when the clock was made?

thanks

Ronny Chambers

Post Reply Post Reply