German candle arch Village of Seiffen, length 50 cm / 20 inch, natural, electrically illuminated, original Erzgebirge by Seiffener Volkskunst
Colour: Natural In stock - worldwide delivery
The candle arch has been part of the Erzgebirge Christmas as a festival of lights for more than 250 years. The first candle arch was made by blacksmith Johann Teller in Johanngeorgenstadt as a wrought-iron work in 1726. The form of the arch goes back to the Erzgebirge mining tradition. For their last shift before Christmas, miners hung their lamps around the outline of the mine entrance, so the lights formed an arch. The cloud motif that can be seen on many of our candle arches and the patented inside illumination are distinct features of products from our workshop.
2 years product warranty
|Weight gross:||1 kg|
|Height:||27 cm/10.6 inch|
|Width:||50 cm/19.7 inch|
|Depth:||11 cm/4.3 inch|
The Company Seiffener Volkskunst eG was founded in 1958 by artisans of Seiffen. In 1959 they started with the production of original Erzgebirge crafts. They carved, turned, spanning trees were stung, items painted and mounted to Erzgebirge wood art figures. The range has been extended again and again in the following years. They manufactured not only nutcrackers, also different types of smokers, light figures Angel and Miner, pyramids and small arches and the later known Striezel children. Since 1992, the Seiffener Volkskunst eG is presented at numerous trade fairs. Apart from the traditional and original items, numerous new collections were created. The Seiffener Volkskunst eG is also member of the Association of Erzgebirge craftsman and toy manufacturers eV.