German candle arch Village of Seiffen, length 64 cm / 25 inch, natural, electrical illuminated (120V, 50Hz), original Erzgebirge by Mueller Seiffen
Colour: Natural In stock - worldwide delivery
The candle arch has been part of the Erzgebirge Christmas as a festival of lights for more than 250 years. The first candle arch was made by blacksmith Johann Teller in Johanngeorgenstadt as a wrought-iron work in 1726. The form of the arch goes back to the Erzgebirge mining tradition. For their last shift before Christmas, miners hung their lamps around the outline of the mine entrance, so the lights formed an arch. The cloud motif that can be seen on many of our candle arches and the patented inside illumination are distinct features of products from our workshop.
2 years product warranty
|Weight gross:||2.2 kg|
|Height:||35 cm/13.8 inch|
|Width:||64 cm/25.2 inch|
|Depth:||13 cm/5.1 inch|
Welcome to the family-run Müller workshop in Seiffen. Following the tradition of the region, Erzgebirge wooden folklore has been manufactured here for more than 110 years. Edmund Oswald Müller started in 1899. He offered a very wide range of products. The toys available from his workshop included doll’s house furniture made to the fashion of those days as well as the famous Seiffen match-box miniatures. In 1943 Paul Müller took over, developing the workshop in his father’s spirit. His products of natural wood found worldwide recognition. At the end of the fifties, the wide assortment of articles on offer was enlarged by the first Müller Pyramids. From 1973 to 2000, Gunter Müller was in charge of the workshop. He saw to Müller design becoming easily noticeable with all their products. Müller Music Boxes, Pyramids, delicate Miniatures and diversified Candle Arches have added much to Seiffen’s fame as the Village of Toy-Making. Ringo Müller, the current owner and manager, represents the fourth generation of the family since our workshop was founded. To qualify as a master craftsman, he created Seiffen Village, the first big Candle Arch fully illuminated inside. It is outstanding developments like this that keep our long tradition alive.